When expanding your remote workforce to include all (or most) of your employees, there are many considerations to address. At Hogan, we have been helping clients develop secure remote working environments for decades. This is what we do, and we’re really good at it. We want to help you expand your remote working capabilities during the pandemic when a large chunk of your workforce is now working from home.
We will assess your current remote working capabilities and help you develop the virtual desktops required to keep revenue flowing into your company. We can help you virtualize your workforce.
Increasing Your End-User Computing Infrastructure
When increasing your end-user computing infrastructure, it’s important to consider the following:
- PCs at Home – We need to know how many of your staff have a PC at home and how many people need you to provide a device for them. Our team can help determine whether a thin client might be the best choice.
- Internet – Generally we assume that everyone has internet connectivity at home, but this is not always the case.
- VPN – We look at your VPN capabilities and the ease with which your staff can connect and work efficiently.
- Mobile Devices – Some of your employees may not have internet at home and will choose instead to use their mobile devices. We look at the implications of expanded data requirements for these individuals.
- Key Applications – What if some of your most important applications don’t work remotely?
We can help you successfully implement the cloud-based infrastructure you need for employees to work remotely. Contact Hogan →